Friday, June 25, 2010

Janine (Jepson) Ross




What have I done for the last 10 years? It won't sound like much in writing, but I feel like I've been busy! After high school, I spent a few years at UVSC (before the morphing into UVU), studying everything interesting and getting nowhere close to graduating in anything. My last semester there I ran into an old childhood friend, Tom Ross. We hooked up for a few months, then I "ditched" him to serve an LDS mission in St. Louis, MO. I was lucky enough to serve in an awesome mission, and even luckier to have Tom patiently waiting for me at home. We were married on October 7, 2005. The next 4-5 years have consisted of only two things- work and school. We both got degrees from the U of U-- I got a BA in English, he earned a BS in Mechanical Engineering. Now he's working on a masters in Engineering and I'm enjoying earning my masters in Information and Library Science. Tom works full-time as a machinist and I've held a variety of fun, minimum-wage jobs. We're 6 weeks away from the most exciting thing in the last decade-- the birth of our first baby (a boy)! I'm big and bloated, but couldn't be happier. Tom is svelt and sexy, and couldn't be more nervous. Sorry we won't make it to the reunion--but it's great to read up on everyone here at the blog.

No comments: