Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Andee (Ellis) Bott







What have I been up to in the last 10 years?

Well currently I have been married for 4 1/2 years, have one 9 month old baby boy, a yellow lab, work part-time as a Recreation Therapist and live in Logan.How I got there?

From graduation I went to Utah State for a year. Then decided to teach english in China for a semester. Came home and went on a mission to Sao Paulo, Brazil. After my mission I came back to Utah State for another year and decided to transfer to the University of Utah to finish my degree. During that year at Utah State though, I worked at Beaver Mountain Ski Resort as an instructor. It is there I met my husband Spencer Bott who worked in the ticket office and as a lifty. We courted through the winter by eating mac and cheese in the lifty shack. We then went long distance for four months while he worked in Alaska and after that summer were married in November of 2005. We lived in Salt Lake until I graduated then moved back up to Logan where Spencer started a cabinet business.

We have been in Logan now almost three years. We bought a home when we moved up here that was a junker inside and out and have been fixing it up thanks to my husbands sweet carpentry skills. I just barely put in a flower bed after having it bare or full of weeds for two years. We are perfecting our farming skills by now owning a very large garden and considering a chicken coop and a cow.

Our son was born after 4 years of me being too scared to have children but I am very grateful I finally got over that fear. He is super cute and has curly hair just like his dad.

Spencer is still doing his cabinet business part-time but has decided to also head in the direction of a paramedic/firefighter. He is currently in school and will hopefully be done in about 1 1/2 years.

The only sad thing to report in our life is that my mother passed away from cancer nine months ago. This was difficult being the only daughter, about to have the only grandson, and having her pass three weeks before he was born. We have survived though and I find I am stronger than I ever thought I was.

So that is my life. It has been mostly fun and rewarding. I am excited to see you all in a few days!

1 comment:

Ben and Jessica said...

Hey Andee- tell your husband he is making the best decision to be a FF/Medic. Ive been doing it for the past 4 yrs and LOVE it! Sorry to hear about your mom. Take care.
Ben Jones